Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
We believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for life. At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors that makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
SUPPORT THE YMCA
THANK YOU to everyone who supported the Y on MAY 5, 2020 through #GivingTuesdayNow. All of you came together in celebration of generosity. Your support goes a long way in ensuring the Y is here to meet the needs of our community during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.What is Giving Tuesday Now (#GivingTuesdayNow):
- #GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
- #GivingTuesdayNow is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity--to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
- People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during #GivingTuesdayNow--whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, every act of generosity counts.
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
- #GivingTuesdayNow emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and causes in safe ways that allow for social connection and kindness even while practicing physical distancing.
- We all have gifts to give, and with social media, online giving, delivery, mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to support others.
Although Giving Tuesday Now is over, giving hasn't been cancelled. IF YOU PREFER TO MAIL YOUR DONATION, you can download this pledge form. We are regularly checking our mail Monday-Friday. The address is:
410 W McMillan St, Marshfield, WI 54449. Thank you for your support!
The Y and our mission is bigger than a building. Our members, program participants and supporters are what keeps us going, keeps us strong and keeps us in service for those who need us the most, especially during these difficult times.
We are a community. We bring people together – from all backgrounds and circumstances – and create personal connections that change lives through membership and programs. But the nature of this virus, and how it spreads, presents significant challenges for our Y.
Our facilities have closed except for Essential Child Care Services being offered for families with no other option. We also have been offering virtual support for members health and wellness, personal wellness checks on our most vulnerable members, and will be partnering with the Community Blood Center for a blood drive on May 11. Closing our facilities and canceling programs is causing a serious loss of revenue for the Y – unlike anything we have ever experienced.
Now, more than ever, the Y needs your support. For the unforeseeable future, our community is going to need us as we respond to the aftermath of the coronavirus. The support we receive in these coming weeks will help ensure that we can carry out our mission and meet the pressing needs in the Marshfield area.
Please support our Y as we support our community throughout these challenging times. Donate to the COVID-19 Response Fund today!